5 Fun Ways for Seniors to Stay Active on National Senior Health and Fitness Day
Wednesday, May 26, 2021 is National Senior Health & Fitness Day; a day to promote health and wellness in senior citizens and the elderly. A variety of events across the United States are held on this day to engage seniors in health and wellness events and programs.
Although fitness can often be thought of as strenuous and unappealing, there are many ways to make exercise more fun. Here are 5 ideas for how to stay active and enjoy yourself at the same time!
- Dance – Put on your favorite music, grab a partner, and dance like no one is watching!
- Walk – There are many ways to change up your walking routine. Try walking indoors or outdoors, listen to music while you walk, or walk with a group of people.
- Swim – Find a local gym or health center; many have open swim times. Many health centers also offer group exercise classes in the pool.
- Volunteer – Become more active in your community, meet new people, and make a positive difference by volunteering with a local non-profit.
- Play with Grandkids – What better way to stay active and have fun at the same time? Games, crafts, and outdoor time with grandkids is a great way to get your daily exercise in!
Golden Comfort is a subscription box service for Grandma, Grandpa, elderly parents, or any senior citizen loved one. For any questions, comments, or feedback, you can reach out to us via Facebook, Instagram, on our website (https://www.goldencomfortcrate.com/), or email via email@example.com.