Summer Activities for Seniors
For most people, summer provides an opportunity to spend more time outdoors and reconnect with family and friends at various get togethers or events. If you are looking for new, fun ideas how to spend time connecting with your elderly loved one, we have you covered! Check out our ideas below and visit with your senior citizen loved one to see what they might enjoy most!
- Bird watching – Set up a bird feeder on the patio or porch and see what variety of birds come to visit. You could also visit a local garden or park to sit and observe as well.
- Make ice cream or take a trip to an ice cream shop – Hot weather is the perfect time to enjoy a cold, tasty treat. Try your hand at a homemade ice cream or sundae recipe or visit a local ice cream shop for a fun outing.
- Read a book outdoors – Grab your favorite book to take outside and enjoy some quiet time in nature, getting lost in the pages.
- Picnic with grandkids – Pack up an easy lunch and some chairs to enjoy outdoors with family. Don’t forget the sunscreen!
- Go to a local baseball game – Take me out to the ball game! Take an afternoon outing to watch a local baseball game.
- Visit the local farmers market – Most areas have local farmers markets weekly throughout the summer months, with many vendors and businesses. You could use what you find to make a fresh summer lunch!
- Metal detecting – Discover what treasures might be hidden in the sand at a local beach, or in the grass at local parks!
- Reminisce about summer memories – Visit over a cup of coffee or lemonade, sharing stories about past summer memories and activities. Golden Comfort’s Golden Memories cards are the perfect starting point for a conversation, this month’s question was, “What kind of games did you play growing up? Did you participate in any teams or clubs in school?”
- Take a drive through a state park – This is a perfect activity for anyone with limited mobility, or for days that the weather is not ideal for being outside for an extended period.
Golden Comfort is a seasonal subscription box service for senior citizens and their families. We help provide comfort, care, and connection for elderly parents, grandparents, or other elderly loved ones and their families. Our mission is to provide your senior citizen with an extra feeling of love and connection to their family, especially during hard times or when you are not able to visit them in person as often as you'd like to. Send support to your senior citizen with a subscription gift box today!
For any questions, comments, or feedback, you can reach out to us via Facebook, Instagram, on our website (https://www.goldencomfortcrate.com), or email via firstname.lastname@example.org.